Please ensure you've created at least 1 Customer before creating a contact, click here to see how.
Contacts help by defining a particular member within your customers organisation. You can create as many contacts as you'd like per customer.
If an email is sent in from an address that is tied to a contact, MSPmate will automatically assign the contact to the new ticket.
When creating contacts, you can either;
- Manually create a new contact
- Automatically create a new contact based off a new sender's email domain
Create a contact manually
Start by clicking the + symbol in the upper right corner > New contact.
or by selecting 'Add Contact' from the Contacts page.
Fill in the contact's details. Note: *indicates required fields
- Click the drop down to select an existing customer.
- Enter your contact's first name in the First Name text box.
- Enter your contact's last name in the Last Name text box.
- Enter your contact's direct phone number in the Direct Number text box.
- Enter your contact's mobile number in the mobile text box.
- Enter your contact's primary email address in the Email text box.
- Enter your contact's job title in the Job Title text box
- Choose whether you want to add this contact as a decision maker by checking/unchecking the box
- Choose whether you want to add this contact as a primary contact by checking/unchecking the box
Automatically create a contact based off the sender's email
Note: A domain must be linked with an existing customer to use this feature.
ie. if Company1's domain is xyz.com, the system will automatically create a contact when a it identifies a new address @xyz.com.
Enable this feature by navigating to Admin > Ticket Options > and check Auto create Contacts from new contacts.