Although email forwarding is often setup through outlook.office365.com, we highly recommend using the exchange management console alternatively. This is to ensure the forwarding rule will remain in place and not accidentally removed at a client level.
We do this by firstly, creating a contact with the external MSPmate email address, and then forwarding all mail from your support address to your newly created contact.
Assigning your auto generated address to a contact
1. Login to your Office 365 admin centre
2. Navigate to 'Admin Centres' > 'Exchange'
3. Navigate to 'Recipients' > 'Contacts' > '+ Mail Contact' > Fill in the details and add your MSPmate auto-generate address under 'External email address'
Create a forwarding rule
1. Navigate to 'Recipients' > 'Mailboxes' > and Select your support email
2. Navigate to 'Mailbox Features' > 'Mail Flow' (view details)
3. Check 'Enable forwarding' > 'Browse' > and select your previously created contact
Now the forwarding structure is in place, MSPmate will automatically create a ticket for every email that comes into your specified support address.
Setup forwarding via a distribution group
1. Open your exchange management console and create a new distribution group. Call it 'support' (If 'support' already exists, use an alternative name such as: Support Group)
2. In Delivery management, check 'Senders inside and outside my organisation'
3. Add your support email as a member of the group.